Preparing your property for rent.
Every property is different, Our Agents are familiar with tenants' expectations. Don't hesitate to ask for advice.
Top tips to enhance your home's exterior and Kerb appeal:
- A well-kept garden, pathway and fence are immediately appealing.
- Keep the windows and gutters clean.
- Create parking. Try to keep driveways free of bins to highlight the space.
You want your home to look as spacious, bright and clean as possible. Also the home should look neutral - without a lot of your personal and sentimental objects - so tenants can begin to imagine living there.
Top tips to enhance your home's interior appeal:
- Clean, Clean, Clean. Give every room in the house a thorough cleaning. Remove stains in carpets, clean walls and doors of smudges and scuff marks. Pay special attention to the kitchen and bathrooms: they should look as modern, bright and fresh as possible. It is essential for them to be clean and odour free.
- Finish off unfinished jobs. Its very easy for us to live with DIY disasters but it is guaranteed to turn tenants off. Repair damage to plaster, repair dripping taps and shower heads.
- Check that plumbing ,heating, alarm systems and electrical goods are working.
- Paint walls -Magnolia is still the top-selling colour for landlords. As it is readily available, you will always get it again in the future, if you need to touch up areas.
- De- Clutter. Remove any personal items. Only leave behind items of little emotional value.
- If you need to replace furniture try and do it tastefully. Don't scrimp on key pieces like sofas and beds.
- Remember to turn the heating on before viewings, nobody likes a cold house!
Don't worry, we have a team of local tradesmen on hand to help whom we trust and who are familiar with what is required.
Call us now for a FREE MARKET APPRAISEL AND ADVICE before incurring any costs.